Keyboard does not work

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at openmediasystem.de
Tue May 13 10:28:03 CDT 2003

Hi Claudio,

when you look back in the mailing list you will see similar/same issues. It is
about XFree86 4.3 which is different to 4.2. Some wine 'gurus' gave me
several hints how to work around it, but none of it worked out. I could not
get the 'dead' keys (like ALT GR) working.

As far as I understood, there will be (and should be) a rewrite of the
involved wine code.

If someone here is using wine together with XFree86 4.3 and got e.g. german
keyboard working (especially alt-gr key), please tell us how!!!

Regards, Tim