Installshield in pure wine environment

Daniel J Urist durist at theworld.com
Tue May 13 10:28:45 CDT 2003

> There was a patch submitted to Wine, but not accepted:
>   http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2003/01/0402.html

I'm not having a lot of luck with the patch, at least against the current
version of wine (wine-20030508). I followed the directions in the cited
email, though I had to patch a couple of files by hand. I touched the
stdole2.spec and stdole32.spec files, though they didn't exist. When I try
to build wine, I get the following error:

ld -r ole2disp.spec.o typelib.spec.o stdole32.tlb stdole2.tlb ole2disp.o
typelib16.o  connpt.o dispatch.o hash.o oaidl_p.o oleaut.o olefont.o
olepicture.o parsedt.o safearray.o stubs.o tmarshal.o typelib.o
usrmarshal.o variant.o  oleaut32.dll.dbg.o -o oleaut32.dll.tmp.o
ld: cannot open stdole32.tlb: No such file or directory

The patch doesn't include the file stdole32.tlb, and I'm not sure if
that's supposed to get built somehow from the resource file?

Thanks,
Dan Urist
--
Dan Urist