Wine unable to open display.

Rob Hughes rob at robhughes.com
Sun May 18 10:22:03 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 09:37, Gil Katz wrote:
> As it says in the README file it is not recommended to install wine in
> the way you did
> To install wine you have to run /tools/wineinstall as a regular user,
> after you do that check if your problems persist.
> Cheers
>
> Gil Katz
> Mercury Interactive.
> Tel : 972-3-5399799
> UIN : 1538854
>
> =======================================================================================================================

Everyone keep saying this, but every time I try to run wineinstall, I
get errors about missing scripts that I haven't been able to figure out.

./configure: line 88: conf2239.sh: No such file or directory
./configure: line 89: conf2239.sh: No such file or directory
chmod: failed to get attributes of `conf2239.sh': No such file or
directory
./configure: line 201: conf2239.file: No such file or directory

Running ./configure, etc., etc. always works. I've looked at the
winetools script, and there's nothing really special about it that I can
see. Why is this the preferred method? Anyone have any ideas about these
errors? Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob