./tools/wineinstall not able to recognize my Windows partition.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun May 18 14:08:40 CDT 2003

omsai wrote:
>>However, are you really sure you want to do that? I strongly recommend
>>that you create a "fake" windows install, and just copy over any files
>>you want from the real Windows. Otherwise, you risk messing up the real
>>Windows.
>

> What files exactly do I need to copy over?

Typically, the files (mostly DLLs) in windows\system and fonts in
windows\Fonts. Copy them into the corresponding directory in the fake
install.

In general, the only native DLL I use by default is msvcrt.dll, because
the wine version still needs a lot of work. Other DLLs I only use on a
case by case basis, configured in my ~/.wine/config.