sound on wine ??

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sun May 25 16:25:47 CDT 2003

 --- Dan Sawyer <dansawyer at earthlink.net> a écrit :
> Thanks for trying again.
>
> This is what my config file looks like.

These 3 modules show youve a running soundcard.
> cs46xx                 62896   0  (autoclean)
> ac97_codec             13672   0  (autoclean) [cs46xx]
> soundcore               6468   3  (autoclean) [cs46xx]

Your configuration is ok here. Dont change anything more in [WinMM]

> [WinMM]
> "Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
> "WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
> "MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

Now try to run some simpler program like sndrec32.
If you can have sound here, there is another problem with your
application. (Try to find it at apppdb.winehq.com or bugs.winehq.com)

> The documentation offers little help on where to look to change
> these.
> The phrase "multimedia interfaces available on your system" is not
> sufficient.

By default you have oss (this is the one you have since you run
cs46xx). But if you are running KDE or non PC processor
you must change the "Drivers" line. See the file
documentation/samples/config to have correct values.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.