D3D8/D3D9 status

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Mon May 26 02:27:48 CDT 2003

Thanks, I figured DX9 support was probably pretty early at this point since
it's so new.

On the full screen......does this apply only to Direct3D apps, not OpenGL? I
have an OpenGL program, X-Plane, that runs incredibly well under Wine. It
does take up the whole screen, but not sure if it's technically running in
full screen mode. Setting it to a lower resolution than my desktop does not
change my desktop res, X-Plane just runs in a smaller window. But, if I could
just get my Direct3D stuff running even that well, it would be quite usable.
Do you know of any way to force a D3D app to use hardware acceleration in
windowed mode? The D3D app I have always reverts to 2D mode when going
windowed.

	-Matt Bailey