Wine download size

Marcus Roeckrath marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
Wed May 28 00:03:42 CDT 2003

Hi Adam,

Adam Schreiber wrote on Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 22:41 about Re: Wine download
size:

> As the Slackware package maintainer, I'm not sure what the other
> packagers do, but mine have been about 30 MB or so of late.  The
> smallest package I've made has been about 17 MB and the largest about 61
> MB.

On wine.dataparty.no it was about 6 MB for month for the unstripped and the
opengl binary rpm.

On 24th of march there was a headcrash so that they were no newer packages
for nearly two month. When wine.dataparty.no was rebuild a few days ago the
binaries were 5 times bigger than before about 30 MB.

Maybe we should ask Kristian Eide if his system has changed to cause this
behaviour.

--

Gruss Marcus

Marcus Roeckrath -- Vikarsbusch 8 -- D-48308 Senden -- Germany
Phone  : +49-2536-9944 -- Mailer/BBS/Fax : +49-2536-9943 (V34, X75)
FidoNet: 2:2449/523
E-Mail : marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
WWW    : http://home.foni.net/~marcusroeckrath/