help with SuSE 8.2 wine 20030508 win 3.1 and winos2

Serge Naggar naggar at sprintmail.com
Wed May 28 23:34:35 CDT 2003

I need help.

In making the transition from os2warp4 to SuSE 8.2 I have a win 3.1
program [winright] which runs fine on os/2's winos2 window and which I
would like to run in wine.

I dl the rpm for wine20030508 for SuSE 8.2.

I used winesetup to get the program installed and read the documentation
in /usr/share/doc/packages/wine/doc...
I am very impressed with the scope of the documentation.

I followed the instructions but found myself with a whole slew of errors
when I ran the accts.exe so I assume I misunderstood crucial elements.

Let me lay out the process I followed:

I transferred this program's files from the hpfs partition to
/home/xx/.wine/fake_windows/program files/winright/...
The program files are essentially a set of *.dll files.

I had also created a D drive [in the config file] whose
Path=/home/xx/data=D:\ and put the data files for the program in
//winright=D:\winright\....

The program calls for files>=100 but I couldn't find any logical place
in config to place the statement? - should I forget about it?

The program calls for three files to be put in the Windows? directory:
win.ini; rrw.ini and rights.ini.

I do have a hesitation: is the ms-windows directory the
/fake_windows/windows directory or is it the //system/ directory?

Am I correct in starting the process by clicking on the .exe file in the
winright directory?

I hope you can help me conclude the transfer from os2 to linux
successfully.

Thanks

Serge Naggar