Sound OK on Linex apps b ut no sound under wine

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri May 30 09:40:13 CDT 2003

What X desktop are you running ? KDE ? Gnome ? other one that needs a
sound server to play sound ?

 --- Rick Shepherd <richard.shepherd at eresmas.net> a écrit :
> I am running  Debian 3.0r1+g2.2 Woody. I have, after some messing
> about,
> discovered how to run
>
> "sndconfig" and get Torval's voice OK
>
> and now have sound under Linux apps (Linux Media Player, CD player
> etc.),
> but no sound under Wine when running Win apps (mainly multimedia CDs
> created
> with different authorware packages). But  get no errors, either, the
> sound
> seems to be playing, but "silently". Volume control looks fine with
> nothing
> muted. What can I try to get sound under Wine?
>
> Rick Shepherd

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.