Problem with configuring the sound.

R.C rafaled at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 30 18:31:32 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am having problems with the set-up of my sound under wine. I am using latest
creative opensource drivers for my sblive card. Here is how my config file
looks:

[WinMM]
"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"
[dsound]
;;nothing

When I start a program, such as Half-Life, I get the following error:
"This sound card's driver does not support direct access
The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead."

And another error related to my mic I would to like to have working:
"Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. Trying wavein. An invalid parameter
was passed to a system function"

Any idea how I could solve that please? I am pretty sure I can get my
soundcard working perfectly with wine since it used to work before. (right
now, I have sound but positioning is totally inexistant and I cannot use my
microphone)
Maybe I need to change the drivers?

Thanks in advance,

 R.C