MIDI and friends

Andreas Schönebeck ASchoenebeck at gmx.net
Mon Nov 3 06:31:37 CST 2003

Hi, I really appreciate the good work put into wine. And indeed I have some
questions:

How sophisticated (if at all) is alsa midi support from within wine-hosted
sound applications? Think of Cubase/Fruityloops plus some Softsynths played
and recorded by an external keyboard.

Alsa works very well with low latency etc. on my current debian
installation. How thin/thick is the wine sound emulation layer?

Any experiences/suggestions with wine + sound/midi are welcome.

Thanks, Andreas