dll.so do not use import libraries

Andreas Hausladen Andreas.Hausladen at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 12:45:06 CST 2003

I compiled the CVS version (2003-11-03) and all xxx.dll.so files have a
file size that is not in comparison with the native dlls. Ok that is not
the point but they are also 8 times larger that an older version where
the file names where libXxx.so.
After using an older winelib app where I replaced the original winelibs
by the new compiled version I got ld error messages like:
./xyz relocation error ./abc undefined symbol "DefMDIChildProcA". This
function is in user32.dll.so but as I could find out with "ldd abc" the
user32.dll.so is nomore required by the application (strange). With the
old winelibs the libuser32.so was required. I found out that the only
required "dll.so"s are libwine.so and libwine_unicode.so. All "dll.so"s
do not require another dll.so.
Is that what it should look like? Or is this a mistake? Or have I
compiled the files without a special option?

--
Regards
Andreas Hausladen