Can't print more

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Nov 9 10:29:00 CST 2003

Sávio Ramos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using wine with win partition. My printer was an Epson Stylus
> color 480 and wine print with cups perfectly. This printer broken so
> I changed to an Epson Stylus color 600 (changed in windows system
> too) and wine doesn't print more, although cups works properly with
> other programs.
>
> When I click on "print preview" a message appears: Run-Time error
> '_2147417848 (800101108) Automation error

The Wine CUPS interface doesn't clean up after itself very well. This
means that when you change printers, it may well have broken, and you
will need to manually clean up after it. First the big warning; save
copies of these files before editing.

Exit any Wine programs, and make sure nothing wine related is running,
by doing "ps -ef|grep wine".

Edit the file ~/.wine/system.reg. Find all the sections that begin with:
[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers\\
and delete the entire section, including the header.

Then edit your C:\windows\win.ini file. In the [devices] section, delete
any Wine printers. Leave the header and any entries for Windows printers.

Now just run any Wine program and go to the print dialog. Your CUPS
printer should be there, and you should be able to select and print from
it (don't select the Windows printer entries).