Wine and Micro$oft Office

Darryl Luff dluff at iitscdm.com.au
Sun Nov 9 16:56:19 CST 2003

Christophe wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I wish to ask you some advice about Wine and Micro$oft Office.
>I know this subject comes up every 10 sec, but I can't get Excel
>nor WinWord work properly.

I tried to install Office 2000, but the installer wouldn't run. I
installed office 97 and the installer and the apps run fine. Excell does
give a dialog about 'MSCREATE.DIR cant be accessed', but I just click
Cancel on this dialog and then it works fine. This is with the
wine-20030911-1rh9winehq RPM.

The only differences in the DllOverrides section between mine and yours
seem to be that I have these added:

>[DllOverrides]

"cabinet" = "native,builtin"
"msi" = "native"