Wine game question

Alan Bort 333101 at personal.net.py
Thu Nov 20 12:51:56 CST 2003

Install windows.

Both, Kazaa (and KazaaLite) and Half Life use way too much CPU. It
sometimes slows down on a PIV 2.0GHz. (Note: I don't use HalfLife, nor
Kazaa, but a friend does and I saw this problem in his PC). Usually the
best thing to do is to shut down the kazaa... or use nice to give it a
lower priority (never tried that, but perhaps it works).

Have fun trying.

El jue, 20-11-2003 a las 07:49, Turgut Kalfaoglu escribió:
> Hi there. I usually have a wine running KPP++  (kazaa lite) which wastes
> most of the CPU. When I launch another wine to play counterstrike, the CS
> is very sluggish.. anything I can do apart from stopping kpp++ ?
>
> Many thanks!  -turgut
>

> -----
> Turgut Kalfaoglu:  http://www.kalfaoglu.com
> EgeNet Internet Services: http://www.egenet.com.tr

Alan Bort
Personal:       +595 (0)971 333 101
Fax:            +595 (0)21 606 967
ICQ-UIN:        73799272
Linux Registered User 298277 -Country Manager- [http://counter.li.org]
[ http://www.linuxquestions.org ] Username: Ciccio
[ http://es.tldp.org ]
Mandrake 9.1 on Intel Pentium IV 2GHz, 512 DIMM
64MB nVidia gForce 2 MX200 Gnome 2.2