Font Metrics

Andy andy at richardflanagan.com.au
Tue Nov 25 20:16:12 CST 2003

Hi All

Newbie to wine here :) I have installed wine, and can get notepad and
winemine up, but when I do, I get a painfully long list of messages and
then it goes into Font Metrics 1.1% - Font Metrics 1.2% untill we
eventually get to 100%. I also tried to run File Maker Pro 5 for
windows, however the window opened and just hung for about 15 mins
before I killed the process. I have checked the config, and it looks OK
to me - not that I am saying I have it 100% right. Also, when I close
the program (notepad regedit etc) I get an error from the wineserver
saying could not save regisrty branch to ~/.wine/user.regwineserver
twice and one error following it saying could not save  registry branch
to ~/.wine/userdef.reg. I have executed searches for these file but
cannot find them. I am using FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE on a P2 with 256 RAM.
Installed wine from the ports collection (was there a prob in 4.9RC ?,
had that version, but could not get it to run so deinstalled and
reinstalled when I upgraded)
I would appreciate any help offered, and if anyone knows of a good
FreeBSD wine how-to that works (without windows partition - HD is
totally dedicated to FreeBSD) I would appreciate the address.

Thank You
Andy