success and failure with Wine 20031118

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 17:02:35 CST 2003

Thanks, Shachar!

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> There are several possible causes for this, but we may need to know
> something first. Can you type these characters in notepad (without
> setting LANG)?

No.

> Also, run "xev" (a native app), and type Umlauts. You will get a bunch
> of output on the console from which you ran xev. Some of them should be

Here's the last bunch of output from xev after pressing one of my
favourite Umlauts - I can see them them all like this:

KeyRelease event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0x2000001,
     root 0x8d, subw 0x0, time 22763367, (557,138), root:(563,823),
     state 0x0, keycode 48 (keysym 0xe4, adiaeresis), same_screen YES,
     XLookupString gives 2 bytes:  "ä"

Klaus