Can't execute wine

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Thu Nov 27 16:22:21 CST 2003

Hello all.

I've compiled and used Wine up to 20031016 without much hassle.

Last week I upgraded my CPU from an Athlon 900MHz to a Duron 1.6GHz.

Now I can compile Wine but I can't run it: when I type 'wine' or 'wine
<program name>' on the command line, I immediately get a segmentation fault.

What's funny is that I can compile and use the CVS version of Transgaming's
WineX without problem.

I tried compiling with gcc-3.3.2 instead of gcc-2.95.3 (that came with the
distribution I used) but got the same segmentation fault problem.

Can anybody give me a clue?

Thanks in advance.
See you.

--