Running Wine apps via Cron

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Oct 2 10:07:20 CDT 2003

	I need to be able to launch a Windows app at a regular interval - a
perfect candidate for cron, I thought. The app runs perfectly when I
issue the command from a shell, but fails without a trace when launched
via cron using the exact same command.

	I have DISPLAY=:0:0 at the top of the cron file, and if I were to
change the command to launch a KDE app, it runs as expected. Changing
the "GraphicsDriver" setting in the config file to "ttydrv" doesn't
help.

	Is this a known limitation of Wine? Or is there some setting that I'm
overlooking? I'm using the 20030911 release of Wine, running without
Windows installed, on a RH8 system.

      ___/
     /
    __/