Wine Networking

Darryl Luff dluff at iitscdm.com.au
Tue Oct 7 23:06:49 CDT 2003

I'm having trouble getting networking working under Wine. I've been
looking for docs on network settings, but apparently it should 'just
work' using my PC's linux network settings. This machine has a genuine
windows 2000 partition installed, so I've pointed the Wine C: drive,
profile etc to the 'real' windows 2000 ones, and tell it to emulate
win2k. When I run Lotus Notes, it says that it can't connect. When I run
'wine cmd', and then run ipconfig, I get "Error: TCP/IP is not running
on this system". Telnet and other IP apps also dont work.

Is there anything I need to do to enable the network? Would I be better
off using the 'fake' windows install under /usr/share/wine-c? Are there
any docs about on configuring networking under Wine?

I'm using the Wine RPM from fedora (wine-0.0-0.fdr.2.20030911.rh90) with
Redhat 9.

Thanks.