Running DC++ ?

Bjorn Tillenius bjoti at home.se
Wed Oct 8 03:41:09 CDT 2003

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:26:00AM +0200, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Hello there,
>   I'm trying to operate DC++ client on wine. It's a crying shame that
> there is no native Linux implementation of it (it's GNU/GPL), but it's
> just another question. It installs perfectly, seems to run well but it
> doesn't work:
>   1) It cannot remember its settings. I'm filling them carefully,
> pressing OK, but nothing is remembered. Even when I bring the config
> dialog back immediately, it's totally unfilled and I can start from
> the beginning :-(. Of course when the program is restarted, nothing
> is remembered, too.
>
>   Any help, what can be wrong ? Does anybody run DC++ in wine ?

I run DC++ in wine and it runs perfectly now. The reason why it
can't remember any settings is that it needs a newer version of
comctl32.dll, Windows Common Controls. You can download it from:
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=download

This could also fix the other problems you had. I fixed the first
problem before testing it further, so I don't know if I also had
the same problems. After I installed the new dll and told wine
to use it, everything worked me.

Regards,
  Bjorn Tillenius