using a windows installation

Dan Adams danadams at hagios.us
Wed Oct 8 11:38:13 CDT 2003

First I would like to say how proud of and thankful to all the people
who help out with wine.  Its a great project and a lifesaver for
everyone trying to get away from being tied to windows. With that being
said ... (i just got photoshop 7 working yesterday so i'm still pretty
elated)

Ok. I am dual booting and have a win2k installation on another partition
mounted at /mnt/win.  It is ntfs so it is read only.  What does it mean
to "use a real installation" rather than using a fake one. Can I even do
this because its readonly?  How could I use the real installation to
perhaps make my wine install a little more robust? Thanks again.

- dan