Redhat 9 problems

Files files at poetryunlimited.com
Sat Oct 11 22:19:21 CDT 2003

What's really sad is that I've been able to duplicate this problem on Mandrake.

So far any SRPM or RPM I've tried has failed.

On a brighter note, I DID try to run wine at work the other day, with a tarball that I had compiled, and
installed. I managed to get notepad up and running, but since I was running on a non-windows
install, I could not get my PowerDesigner to run -- it choked on the missing Riched20.dll.

So my advice to you - try a tarball. Edit tools/wineinstall to change the DOWINE value to no so that
it does a non-windows install.

See if you can run notepad after that.

If you CAN, you know there's something incompatible in your system.

I am compiling 0911 tonight but I've changed the prefix from /usr/local to /usr/local/wine so that I can
back it out if I need to. Again, this is at the top of the configurable section of tools/wineinstall.

Hope this is a starter. Good luck. We're both gonna need it.

Shamim Islam
BA BS