Unhandled exception error (first time user)

Jason limit_of_shunt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:26:50 CDT 2003

So i've been wanting to run some windows programs on my linux box and i heard the i should try WINE.  I downloaded the RPM for rh9.  Used the  rpm -iv wine*.rpm command and the computer sat there thinking and doing its thing and then stops.  So i try to run the notepad command and see if it all worked but all i get it the "wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger..." error
whats going on here?
i am running rh9 with a PIII, 256MB, 10GIG HD...
any ideas?
oh and in case you hadn't noticed i am pretty new to Linux, i have been self teaching for about a month now.

thanks