Installing Eudora 5.1 on Wine CVS 20030911

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at web.de
Sun Oct 19 17:12:09 CDT 2003

Hi there,

I have only installed Mandrake Linux 9.1 on my new laptop (Acer Aspire
1353LM) with the hope that I could run Eudora 5.1 for Windows using
Wine. I had done some checks on my old laptop using Knoppix 3.2 and the
installed Windows 98 on the computer. They were succesful.

I knew that I must copy the windows\system directory to the wine fake
windows directory, but when I tried to install Eudora from cd, I got the
following error message:

err:module:MODULE_LoadModule16 Serious trouble. Just loaded module
'D:\EUDORA_win_51.exe' (hinst=0x01ef), but can't get module handle.
Filename too long ?
winevdm: can't exec 'D:\EUDORA_win_51.exe': error=6

I tried to copy the file and shorten the name, but I got a segmentation
fault error.

Then I had to install Eudora 5.1 on W98SE and copy the directory, but
when I try to run it, Eudora itself complains about the non-matching
dlls and warns about possible crashes.

How could I install Eudora 5.1 or obtain the required dlls?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo