Ral (was:starting program from cd-rom)

Kai Johannes Keller thetallone at freenet.de
Mon Oct 20 11:28:26 CDT 2003

Am Mon, 2003-10-20 um 16.28 schrieb Files:
> You don't have OSS enabled. You might need to change the audio configuration.
>
> The XLIB error is just a warning. You should just be running slower w/o it.
>
> Are you using ALSA, OSS, or SDL? Do you know?

I have to admit that I don't know, the name of the soundcard is:

                      Creative ES1373 PCI, AC'97,

does this help, or what can I do to find out, sorry I'm pretty bad at
sucher things.

I've found something that's called \dev\mixer1 but there seems to be no
link to any real device.

> Shamim Islam
> BA BS
>
> Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at yahoo.fr) wrote:
> >

> >> I wanted to start a program fram Cd-Rom (ral.exe) and typed "wine
> >> ral.exe"; I tried the same with wcmd and got the following, what do I
> >> have to do to make it work?
> >Your problem doesnt seem to come from your CD-rom at all.
> >

> >Try running winecheck, your audio settings seem to be wrong.
> >check your XFree86 configuration too.
> >> err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device

I also tried running "winecheck" in the shell, but all I got was "bash:
winecheck: command not found"

Where can I check or the audio settings and how do I know what's right?