Running ProComm Plus on Wine

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Fri Oct 24 12:13:05 CDT 2003

Hi,

	I have a legacy application that uses ProComm Plus for Windows to
communicate with a minicomputer system via telnet. I have not been able
to get it to work on Linux (RH8) using Wine. I've tried both the
20030911 and 20031016 releases. When I attempt to connect via Telnet,
it says that "the required module is not installed".

	I then installed the CodeWeavers product, and was able to install and
run the ProComm Plus telnet scripts without a problem. Is this
something to be expected? I'm rather new to Wine, and was hoping to be
able to use the standard release, which works for all our legacy apps
except this one. If it means paying an extra $50 per site, so be it,
but does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the two?
Is there a Windows DLL that needs to be copied over? Or is this just
expecting too much of Wine right now?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /
  ____/
  Ed Leafe

Linux Love:
unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;more;yes;umount;sleep