Application not running; advapi32.dll?

Tony Braskich braskich at labs.mot.com
Mon Oct 27 14:53:24 CST 2003

Hi,

I am using wine-20030911, on Redhat 9.  This is a pure-wine, no-windows
installation.  I'm new to wine but am trying to run a portion of a
program called OPNET, which is a huge simulation tool for network modeling.

Anyhow, I run the core executable with a command-line parameter
specifying my working directory.  Here's what I get:

% wine -- op_runsim.exe -opnet_user_home C:\\

fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x100f4e92,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x77c331db,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityA ("C:\\") : stub
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityA ("C:\\") : stub
fixme:ntdll:RtlImpersonateSelf (00000002), stub
fixme:advapi:RevertToSelf (), stub
fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call to unimplemented function
advapi32.dll.MapGenericMask
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 8
Loaded debug information from ELF 'wine' ((nil))
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4000bd00 (_end+0x400a4f8)
Loaded debug information from ELF '/usr/local/lib/libntdll.dll.so'
(0x40014000)
Loaded debug information from ELF '/usr/local/lib/libwine.so.1' (0x400d6000)
...etc...

It would appear that advapi32.dll is the source of the problems.  I
tried using that DLL file from windows installations (set the config
file to native), but that just caused more problems.

So, is MapGenericMask the cause of the trouble?  Am I out of luck as
long as that function is not yet implemented, or is there some way to
work around it?  I don't know what that function does, I'm guessing it
is something with security or permissions in NT, 2000, or XP.

Thanks for any help...
Tony