Lotus Notes 5.09 which wine?

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 07:34:59 CST 2003

Aleksander,

Well I just went thru this activity last week and I
went as far back as a Sept 2002 build and all the way
to CVS current and I could not find a version of Wine
that would allow me to install Notes. I used to have a
version dated 20010710 I believe that worked, but I
can't find it anymore, too old I guess. So what I
ended up doing is using CVS current. And installing
Notes 5.0.11 until it gave an error and then killing
the WINE process. That way Notes does not roll back
the install. I then installed Notes on a Windows
machine and copied c:\Lotus\Notes from the windows
machine to my fake win c:\Lotus\Notes ->
/wine/c/Lotus/Notes and then ran wine nlnotes.exe and
it seems to work. Although I am unable to print. The
problem of the install is caused by the regsvr32
program or the API underneath it. Gives something
about a heap error. I'll try and recreate the error
message and post it to the list. The LTOUIN22.dll dll
is installed, but does not look like it is registered
with Wine and using regsvr32 to register the DLL
causes wine, but not wineserver to crash. This is why
you get those not found errors.

Kevin

--- Aleksander Kujbida <akujbida at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>       Lotus Notes doesn't install anymore, now that
> I up(?)graded to RH9
> from RH8, and the latest wine. Can anyone tell me
> which wines work for Notes
> 5.09?
>
> Alternatively, are there any special settings to
> make to get it installed
> under wine-20031016?
>
> Using Frank's install tool, I get this fine log:
>
> Could not stat /mnt/cdrom (No such file or
> directory), ignoring drive D:
> err:module:get_registry_value Invalid load order
> module-type L"elfdll,
> builtin", ignored #This was a suggestion from some
> help page, apparantly
> elfdll is no longer supported: I've reset this
> err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
> fixme:seh:check_resource_write Broken app is writing
> to the resource data,
> enabling work-around #I wonder what the broken app
> is
> Could not stat /mnt/cdrom (No such file or
> directory), ignoring drive D:
> err:module:import_dll Module (file) LTOUIN22.dll
> (which is needed by
> L"C:\\Lotus\\Notes\\nlsxbe.dll") not found
> err:module:import_dll Module (file) nnotes.dll
> (which is needed by
> L"C:\\Lotus\\Notes\\nlsxbe.dll") not found
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> nnotes.dll.5614 imported from
> L"C:\\Lotus\\Notes\\nlsxbe.dll", setting to
> 0xdeadbeef
> And 86KB more of the same.
>
> I've googled for more than 8 hours; I'm tired.
>
> Sincerely,
> Aleksander

=====
Kevin DeKorte