Fox Pro 2.6 for Windows & WINE

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Thu Oct 30 07:38:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 05:53, Claudio A. Nipotti wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just installed Wine 20031016 on Linux Red Hat 9 and I think they
> are wonderful.
>
> But... I can't run Fox Pro for Windows 2.6
>
> It's true I'm a begginer, I need to read much more documentation, but
> mi question is:
>
> FPW 2.6 works properly under WINE?

Not in quite a while..  It worked a few years ago, but FPW26 is a 16-bit
app, and support for 16bit isn't really there.

If you have Windows screens you need to use, try using VFP3/5 -
otherwise if you have screens that also work in FPD, you can use the
Solaris runtime to run FPD apps 'natively' on Linux:
http://www.havokmon.com/stuff/workstuff/prg/solarisrt/

Rick

> Thanks
>
> Claudio

> I know my english is not very good. Sorry.
Rick Romero
IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.	ph: 262.695.4841
Sussex, WI.	fax: 262.695.4850