wine without w*nd*ws

Alle Meije Wink a.m.wink at home.nl
Tue Sep 2 02:58:30 CDT 2003

> > ----------------------- checking registry configuration
> > ------------------------
> > 028. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL
> > (entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg registry file).
> > - ADVICE: file winedefault.reg, the most basic wine registry
> > environment, doesn't seem to have been applied using regedit.
> > 029. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   NOTICE
> > (entry "Default Taskbar" not found).
>
> > I tried to fix it by using regedit:
> >

> > /usr/local/wine/programs/regedit$ regedit ../../winedefault.reg
> > Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive
>
> > But this did not fix the problem. Am I missing something?
> if you fix $HOME/.wine/config to have good settings for drive A, this
> should be ok. regedit isnt supposed to return a success message.

Actually I did do that. Unfortunately, after using wine
(or tools/winecheck) once, the ~/.wine/config file was
overwritten By a default wine config file.

I solved these problems by running (tools/wineinstall) as
root user, make a registry containing the necessary stuff
and a good config file, save all that, and then copy those
files to ~/.wine.

However, I still don't manage to install a proper Java VM in wine.

Regards,
Alle Meije