network app

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Tue Sep 2 15:14:48 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 14:44, Bob Lockie wrote:
> Should network connectivity work with wine assuming it works with Linux?

Yes.

> Assuming I need to install the Windows driver for my network card, how
> do I do that with a non-native Windows install (just wine)?

You don't need to.. Wine translates the Windows API calls into Linux
calls above the driver level.
GetRight, Kazza, Pegasus Mail, IE, Trillian, are all 'network' apps I've
used via Wine (Crossover Office may have been used in some cases).

If you have a specific app you're trying to get working, it would be
more helpful to post more info.

Rick