network app

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 15:19:38 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 02 Sep 2003 20:44, Bob Lockie wrote:
> Should network connectivity work with wine assuming it works with Linux?

Yes. I've been using networked Windows apps with no problems for some time,
but of course your mileage may vary depending on the specific application.

> Assuming I need to install the Windows driver for my network card, how
> do I do that with a non-native Windows install (just wine)?

You won't need the Windows driver. All network access goes via Linux, and thus
uses native Linux drivers. (You wouldn't be able to install a Windows network
card driver on Wine anyway.)

Stephen