winecheck Problem

Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 17:48:07 CDT 2003

may I come back to my initial question from August 27 ?
I did "regedit winedefault.reg", and as far as I understood the business, with
success. However, running "winecheck" after that shows no change at all: the
program dies checking sound device /dev/dsp, see below.
.
I asume that this is a bug in winecheck: the program should not die by any
circumstances but give a message telling what is wrong instead, giving  the
chance for a correction. I know that winecheck is not part of wine, strictly
speaking, but perhaps someone can help. I would like to have a more or less
100% system before I start trying to run applications.
Thanks again,
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers