Volunteer needed for list moderation

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:53:14 CDT 2003

Howdy,

I do list moderation for the various wine mailing lists. I am going to
be out from Sept 4 - Sept 13, so I am looking for a volunteer to do list
moderation, at least for that period. Otherwise, moderation limbo will
be quite long.

Even better would be someone, prefereably in Europe/Asia (since I am in
California) who would like to share the moderation duties indefinitely.

The duties are not particularly difficult. You occasionally bring up a
moderation web page (one for each list) and go through each posting held
there and determine whether to approve, reject, or discard each email.
Only emails from addresses which are not subscribed to the lists are held.

Currently, this means you will be discarding a lot of bounces from other
lists due to the Sobig.F virus (several hundred per day). We are
effectively blocking the viruses sent directly to winehq, but the
bounces from other mail servers and lists are still handled manually.
And of course there is spam to discard.