Problem with Excel in wine version 20030813 RH9

Jack Profit jackp at stratos.com
Fri Sep 12 14:56:22 CDT 2003

I've been struggling with this for a couple days now.

I installed Office 2k on a RH9 machine running wine version
20030813 (rpm binary).

Word and powerpoint work fine but excel hangs after using
the menus for awhile (especially the File menu). As long
as you stick to using the spreadsheet itself or shortcut
keys, all is well.

I've tried every combination of DllOverrides I could think
of. No luck.

The failure is lockup. No debugger exceptions or other
interesting tidbids in loging files (even with -debugmsg +all)

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Any ideas?

Jack Profit
jackp at stratos.com