Running Wine, part deux.

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Tue Sep 16 14:16:28 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 02:10 pm, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> If you have a working wine installation, deleting the RH rpm and installing
> the updated RPM from sourceforge will just update wine, so you can upgrade
> without any bad consequences. To run wine from the command line, just enter
> a directory where your program is, and if your program name is app.exe, run
> wine app.exe

Ivan,

Thanks for the tip on running the app.exe.

I unfortunately don't have a working installation of Wine and am trying to
build it from source but keep getting this error:

[ismgr at atchisonkansas wine-20030911]$ ./tools/wineinstall
WINE Installer v0.74

Running configure...

./configure: line 88: conf4108.sh: No such file or directory
./configure: line 89: conf4108.sh: No such file or directory
chmod: failed to get attributes of `conf4108.sh': No such file or directory
./configure: line 201: conf4108.file: No such file or directory
./configure: line 949: config.log: No such file or directory

Configure failed, aborting install.
[ismgr at atchisonkansas wine-20030911]$

I'm at a loss.

Thought this had it's paths already pretty much setup for the files the
install uses, but it looks to me like the script its calling isn't included.

Not sure what to make of that.

Thanks.

Chris