Can't install Microsoft SQLserver 2000 Client Tools

Craig Davison craig at darkcalgary.com
Thu Sep 25 12:54:00 CDT 2003

Sorry to reply to my own post...
I got a little further by copying the files off the CD and into my home
directory.
I tried x86\setup\setupsql.exe again ("Windows" = "win98") and it got as
far as filling the "Setup is preparing the InstallShield(R) Wizard which
will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait."
progress bar to 100%.
It then opened and quickly closed what looked like a Windows console
window. The following error appeared on my command line:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Serial number of failed request:  93

Was this related to the Windows console window it opened? Something screwy
with my setup?

Thanks