wine segfaults and crashes my 2.4.x kernel

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 1 09:18:18 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:00:29 +0200 (EET), you wrote:

> > The kernel crashes in lseek() , if that is what you are asking.
>
> i am asking not exactly for that. i would like to find out what call
> sequence was made in the wine thread that caused crash at point of making
> fatal call to system (call to kernel or glibc, maybe). and seems i can
> easily find that out using +relay. dumb me!

Alternatively you might try to run winedbg (seems that you already found
that) or run the whole thing under gdb.

> > I would check memory and other hardware first.
>
> i would do the same, but it seems rather strange - i haven't changed
> neither software, nor hardware setup of my box. maybe my box was hacked
> and my kernel was patched?
>
> so, attaching the relay-log in a case someone is interested. i see wv97
> installer is checking all drives for files "wordview.exe" and as my / is
> mapped by default to Z: installer looks also into Z:\dev\shm\ dir too.
> here we are getting crash with ntdll.NtQueryDirectoryFile().
>
> i have never had this before while installing same app many times. eghm,
> how should i investigate into this further?

It might be a good thing to report this on the wine developer list. It
looks clearly as a kernel fault, but somebody might still be interested
to fix this within wine.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes