Sharp ZQ-290s sync software

Jad Naous jad.naous at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 9 17:39:51 CDT 2004

Hi,
Since Sharps communication protocols are "top secret", I'm trying to
port their sync software to linux.
I'm new to wine, so this might be silly, but after hours of googling and
searching for solutions I'm posting this.
After installing DCOM98.exe, the Desktop software installed, and it
runs. Only problem is it doesn't detect the device connected to the
serial port ttyS0. The port belongs to group uucp, and I'm in that
group, I even tried it as root.
It's giving this:
$ wine Desktop
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 3102 outsize 3102 unimplemented stub
err:dosfs:DOSFS_CreateCommPort Couldn't open device '/dev/ttyS1' !
(check permissions)
fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open L"COM2" not supported (yet)
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM2"!
err:dosfs:DOSFS_CreateCommPort Couldn't open device '/dev/ttyS2' !
(check permissions)
fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open L"COM3" not supported (yet)
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM3"!
err:dosfs:DOSFS_CreateCommPort Couldn't open device '/dev/modem' !
(check permissions)
fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open L"COM4" not supported (yet)
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM4"!
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM5"!
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM6"!
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM7"!
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM8"!
err:file:CreateFileW Couldn't open device L"COM9"!

Now the other ports don't matter I guess, because my device is on ttyS0,
but the software just says it can't find it.
What to do next?
Thanks for your help.
Jad Naous