Word Hangs on Wine

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto JorgePeixoto at h8.ita.br
Tue Apr 13 16:39:50 CDT 2004

When I try to open Word 97 (installed on a WINXP fat32 partition), it
freezes during the startup, and I have to kill wine. Powerpoint opens,
though.

I'm using Debian testing/unstable, with the latest wine for debian. The
Microsoft Office was installed under windows. The error messages (from the
log) are shown below:

fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_GetDeviceCaps (0x730): CAPS1 is unimplemented, will
return 0
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

Thanks for the atention and appologize for the bad English. I'm not a
native speaker.

[]'s,
	Jorge

--
--- "Software is like sex, it is better when it's free" - Linus Torvalds
Use Linux!