PowerPoint Add-Ins

Juan Diaz juandiaz at signal11.us
Mon Apr 19 10:34:46 CDT 2004

We have developed a PowerPoint add-in using VB and VC++.  I am
attempting to get this add-in to run under PowerPoint in WINE.  I have
started by registering each of the DLL's we have developed, and
registered the add-in itself with PowerPoint.

My issue is that when PowerPoint loads, it gives me:
Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

According to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q177394
It appears to be an issue with DCOM.  I have DCOM98 installed, as well
as the VB and VC runtimes.

Has anyone using or developing add-ins had any success getting them to
run under WINE?  Has anyone encountered/fixed this problem?

Thanks,
Juan