wine-20040408

Joachim von Thadden j.thadden at t-online.de
Sat Apr 24 04:20:09 CDT 2004

Am Sam, Apr 24, 2004 at 10:02:41 +0530 schrieb SaravanaKumar:

> Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> >That's almost what I noticed. Wine is mainly as fast as native for the
> >mentioned applications and somehow as stable.
>
> i differ here. Its working ok, but hangs often. I am opening large
> files(around 1G). is that causing the problem?

Hmm, you are opening 1GB files with word??? Do you really do that? I
never heard that anyone was successful with such large files in
MS-Office applications. Congratulations! Can you do it with Windows
without crashes?

> >Office 2000 works fine for me. You have to install DCOM98 and IE6
> >beforehand. I use wine-20031212 with rh9 and wine-20040309 with fc1.
>
> i installed DCOM98 but not IE6. Do we need IE6 to run Office2k.

Not really but it works better if certain DLLs that ship with IE6 are
installed. I use method 3 from Frank's Corner
(http://frankscorner.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=49&page=1)
which implies some DllOverrides.

Regards
	Joachim