Morrowind Problem

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Tue Apr 27 09:06:43 CDT 2004

Hello.

> I've just installed Morrowind to a win98SE system them copyed the game
> files to my wine fake_partition and tryed to run it .... and i get the
> following error/warning messages
>
> fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not
> supported
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
> found!
> Using closest match instead (Portuguese keyboard layout) for scancode
> mapping.
> Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
> to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
> See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
> fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
> fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
>
> Then I got a pop up window that says
>
> Render Creation Error : "Creation failed : Could not match desired
> fullscreen mode .

Maybe the mode that Morrowind wants is not in your XF86Config ?

>  and after i click "OK" (the only button available) e get this aditional
> message
> fixme:xrender:X11DRV_XRender_Finalize Free cached glyphsets
>
> In my little experience with wine (nearly two weeks) i think the problem
> is related to the rendering pf the scenes and  so i tried to change
> between the different window mode versions without sucess ; always the
> same error box message ...

I guess you have tried 'Managed="Y"' and 'Desktop="800x600"' ?

I must say I haven't add much luck with Morrowind under wine; it works much
better with WineX.

> Im able to run Warcraft and Frozen Throne easily but i dont know what i
> could do in this problem ...

Lucky you :^) I can't run Warcraft with wine - I use WineX.

Hope this helps.
See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE