Morrowind Problem

miguel razielukain at tugamail.com
Fri Apr 30 17:22:37 CDT 2004

Fabrice DELENTE wrote:

>Hello.
>
>On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:53:59AM -0400, miguel wrote:
>

>>---the keyboard related fixme  .....
>>fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
>>fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not found!
>>Using closest match instead (Portuguese keyboard layout) for scancode mapping.
>>Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
>>to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
>>See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
>>

>I used to have this kind of message (don't know if it still happens, I
>haven't checked) but it didn't seem to acuse any harm so I've never paid
>much attention.
>

>>--some sound problem that i dont know
>>fixme:dsound:DirectSoundCreate8 Check wcaps
>>
>>-- what is this ?? the SO given pid to he app right?
>>mmtime pid=1790 tid=1790
>>

>pid must be 'Process id', and tid 'Thread id'. Maybe some benchmarking thing
>? I think it's just information, not ht esign of any trouble.
>

>>--and more problems with the sound
>>fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x403b6ce0,00010021,2):stub
>>fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x403b6ce0,00010021,2):stub
>>

>stubs are - if I understood correctly - ways of going around a problem;
>maybe because the whole implementing of sound isn't done yet. You can have
>programs reporting stubs but still working ok.
>

>>--then it goes to full screen flickers for a while and shuts down
>>

>The screen flickering indicates changes of resolution.
>

>>-- can morrowind be run under opengl??
>>

>In wine, I never had any success; with winex, no trouble. I think that
>Morrowind REQUIRES OpenGL, anyway.
>

>>fixme:ddraw:Direct3DDevice8_ResourceManagerDiscardBytes (0x403af714)->(524288): stub
>>fixme:ddraw:Direct3DDevice8_ResourceManagerDiscardBytes (0x403af714)->(524288): stub
>>fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
>>

>Modal message boxes are boxes in which you *must* click before being able to
>do anything else (even interacting with another program that the one that
>spawned the box); it's very bad UI programming behavior ;^) Good thing that
>there are no such things in X.
>

>>err:ddraw:Direct3DDevice8_CreateContext exclusive owner already set
>>wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
>>err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --debugmsg -all 134698440 120") (2)
>>Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
>>
>>--whats the meaning of this final message ?
>>

>wine would like to spawn the debugger (so that you can look at the machine
>code to find why it doesn't work... if you can read machine code fluently
>:^)
>
>To make the debugger avalaible, I added these lines in system.ref (this file
>should be in ~/.wine/config)
>
>[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug] 1071915687
> [...]
Thanks for the info provided as its usefull in knowing whats going on in
the background ...
Relatively to gaming on Linux I hope it grows with time (and its growing
:) ) 'cause its one of my favorite hobbyes and rebboting the comp just
to play isnt a good thing ... but whatever ... we have wine and i think
indead of being alpha its geting more and more compatible it the main apps
I will apreciate looking at the config files you use so if can send it
i'll be gratefull ...
Thanks..

MMatos