[Wine]Is anyone using X.org instead of XFree86 implementation of X Windows?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Aug 2 12:47:21 CDT 2004

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com wrote:
> I just upgraded my machine from Slackware 9.1 (using XFree86) to Slackware 10.0 which uses X.org instead. A simple notepad.exe gives errors when started. This did not have this problem under the previous setup. Is anyone using X.org ???

I am using xorg. I switced middle of last week and haven't done much
testing yet, however I have seen a couple of problems. In one case I'm
not getting menus correctly in M$ Word. don't know what this means or
whether it's truly an xorg issue. The other problem I'm seeing is not
wine specific.

- Mark