[Wine]Error message interpretation

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:13:58 CDT 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   A complete re-installation got wine-20040716 running again. The system was
> looking in /usr/bin for the executable rather than in /usr/local/bin, but a
> softlink fixed that.

Normally the fix would be to add /usr/local/bin to your path. You
probably want to do that, which would probably be done in your ~/.bashrc
file.

>   Now, while the application loads, I see on the virtual terminal behind it
> the following errors:
>
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_PPDGetNextTuple Error in line '*CloseUI Option1'?
>
>   It is repeated for Option2 and Option3 and the whole series is repeated
> multiple times.

That is a bug in the PPD files you have. Awhile back CUPS had
distributed some PPD files with typos, though I thought they had fixed
them. I don't know where you obtained those, but you could always edit
them. In RH9 they are located in /etc/cups/ppd, but might be elsewhere
on your system. The lines probably should look:
*CloseUI: *Option1
Compare to other OpenUI/CloseUI pairs in the file.