[Wine]Dreamweaver MX encountered a fatal exception

michael2cherryblossom.homelinux.com at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael2cherryblossom.homelinux.com at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Tue Aug 17 22:11:58 CDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:02:14AM -0400, Angela Burrell wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to get Dreamweaver to run. I've installed it according to the
> instructions at Frank's Corner.
>
> My stats: Linux Mandrake 9.2 (kernel 2.4.22), and wine20040716. my
> fake_windows directory is a native FAT32 format. I am emulating Windows ME.

If memory serves me right, the WinME emulation mode is still vastly
incomplete, and hardly usable.

> When I type "wine Dreamweaver.exe", wine starts and Dreamweaver begins to
> load, showing the splash screen. After about 2 or 3 minutes, a pop up
> windows comes up with the error: "Dreamweaver encountered a fatal exception.
> Dreamweaver will now terminate. [OK]". Wine dies when i click OK.
>
> The terminal does not show any error messages.
>
> The stranger thing is that my fake_windows drive is shared through samba: I
> can access it with a Windows 98 machine. If I browse to the executable on my
> fake_windows drive with my Win98 machine, I can run dreamweaver fine. (the
> only thing is that my Win98 machine has 32 MB of RAM, so it takes forever to
> do anything). So the install seems to be fine: It's just running it that's
> the problem.

If the fake_windows is W98, can't you just run Dreamweaver under W98
emulation mode?  Wouldn't that make more sense?  W98 mode works much
better than W-ME in terms of completion and function, I believe.