[Wine]problem

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Wed Aug 18 18:55:45 CDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:33:27AM +0200, hongliang.chi at enst-bretagne.fr wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just installed wine 20040813, it seems have a problem of displaying:
> Is anyone here can help me out?
>
> Thank you
>
> chi at hongliangchi StarCraft]$ wine setup.exe
> Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "C:" = L"hd"
> Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "D:" = L"cdrom"
> Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "X:" = L"hd"
> Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "Y:" =
> L"network"
> Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "Z:" = L"hd"
> Converted temp dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "TEMP" = L"X:\\"
> Converted path dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "PATH" =
> L"C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System;X:\\;X:\\test;Y:\\"
> Converted windows dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "windir" =
> L"C:\\Windows"
> Converted system dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "winsysdir" =
> L"C:\\Windows\\System"
> err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
> L"x11drv.dll": libXxf86dga.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> wine: Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
> [hchi at hongliangchi StarCraft]$ wine setup.exe
> err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
> L"x11drv.dll": libXxf86dga.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> wine: Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Did you compile this yourself, or did you use a distro package?

And it's plain and simple: Do you have an X server, is your X server
running, and is $DISPLAY set correctly?  I'd assume $DISPLAY would be
set to your display number, such as :0 - if you're using an xterm in
your wine then this should be autoset.

If you're building from source and use a distro like Debian, try looking
for packages x11drv and x11drv-dev - and you might want to make sure you
have XFree86 installed, as well as a window-manager, and maybe a few
standard apps (such as xterm, any GUI utils you want, such as OpenOffice
or Gaim).