[Wine]Dreamweaver MX encountered a fatal exception

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Thu Aug 19 04:09:21 CDT 2004

Hi,

> When I type "wine Dreamweaver.exe", wine starts and Dreamweaver begins to
> load, showing the splash screen. After about 2 or 3 minutes, a pop up
> windows comes up with the error: "Dreamweaver encountered a fatal
> exception. Dreamweaver will now terminate. [OK]". Wine dies when i click
> OK.
>
> The terminal does not show any error messages.

I suggest you run dreamweaver with some debug channels enabled, maybe starting
with:
WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+dll wine Dreamweaver.exe

this should produce some output on your terminal. please mail this to the
list.

> The stranger thing is that my fake_windows drive is shared through samba: I
> can access it with a Windows 98 machine. If I browse to the executable on
> my fake_windows drive with my Win98 machine, I can run dreamweaver fine.
> (the only thing is that my Win98 machine has 32 MB of RAM, so it takes
> forever to do anything). So the install seems to be fine: It's just running
> it that's the problem.

when you run your dreamweaver from a real win install, it uses the program
file in your dreamweaver directory but the system files of your real win
install. that means, in wine there could be some problems with files that are
usually installed in the win/win system dir (e.i. DCOM).

BTW: did you install any native dlls?

cu,

Stefan